TRUST is a grassroots group of LMT residents and taxpayers who support the reasonable use of the Snipes Tract, located at Creamery & Quarry Roads across from Quarry Hill Elementary School. The existing Snipes Tract field development plan is expensive ($2 million +), excessive, and unnecessary.
- LMT sewer fix @ $40 million plus = increased debt
- LMT current debt $34 million with debt service over $1 million/yr
- LMT 30% increase in sewer bill in 2018
- LMT 8.6% property tax increase in 2018
- LMT crumbling infrastructure; road repairs/Sandy Run Road Closure $???
Lack of Demonstrated Need:
- No current LMT needs analysis
- Over 60 athletic fields currently available in LMT; many underutilized
- Declining population of participating age group
- Up to 45% of participants NON-LMT residents
Conflicts of interest:
- Project fails to comply with LMT ordinances
- Lighting heights in excess of 20ft. (80ft. lights proposed)
- “Insufficient” traffic study per LMT Traffic Board
- “Antiquated” water retention plan per LMT Environmental Board
- Destruction of woodlands (woodlands as defined by LMT ordinance)
Negative Environmental Impact:
- Excessive size and scope of current plan
- Sets precedent for over-building in quiet neighborhoods
- Increased traffic/noise and light pollution
- Fertilizers, herbicides & pesticides needed to maintain Snipes fields in heavy deer area
- Snipes parcel geologically challenged versus other underutilized fields (bedrock close to surface requiring significant reclamation costs)
This is the Snipes tract after hundreds of trees are bulldozed and $2,000,000 of your taxes have been spent on a major, unnecessary sports complex!